You know it is summertime when you have more squash than you can eat. You do you best to keep up and eat them while they are young and tender but eventually they will be as big as your forearm and not appear as delicious as the small ones . Fear not, that gigantic squash is still edible. Check this out… this recipe feeds about 6
- 2 (extra)Large Summer Squash/Zucchinis
- 3 Jalapenos/ Fresh Spicy pepper
- 1 onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2-3 cups of cheese (cheddar or jack)
- A squirt of raw unpasteurized goat milk ( or other creamy milk-like substance)
- 4-5 Pajaro Pasture Eggs
- Slice the squash in half the long way, hallow them out with a knife and spoon, careful not to break the skin( its ok if you do)
- Dice all the vegetables and put into a mixing bowl, beat in eggs and dash in some fresh goat milk.
- Pour mixture into squash and adorn with cheese
- Bake in a shallow greased baking pan at 350F for about 20-25 minutes or until mixture is no longer jiggly and cheese is brown. Check often but, your nose is better than a timer
- Let it cool and enjoy.
It makes great leftovers too!!